Senior System Engineer
Exciting opportunity in a growing multinational organisation.
About the business
Axiom Technologies is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
About the role
Opportunity to work for a leading global organisation that specialises in products and services across information technology. We are seeking an experienced Senior System Engineer who will be working on projects and support high profile and enterprise clients. Experience working in a multi-site corporate environment with a key passion for technology is required for this role.
IT Skills and Experience
Experience across technologies including:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Windows OS (e.g. XP, Vista, Windows 7, 10)
- Microsoft Office applications
- Office 365, exchange administration.
- PC/Laptop peripherals, including printers
- Must have a hands-on experience of system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure (Windows 2008, 2012, Active Directory, Server Hardware etc.) associated technologies e.g. DNS, DHCP, WINS and Group Policies, File Share, One Drive and Active Directory.
- Administer VMware ESX/VSphere infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- Strong experience labelling/cabling in data centre environments
- The manager that can assess, plan and coordinate Data Centre outages, execute works and appropriate communications.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping the information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
You will bring:
- Qualifications in IT and network platforms
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong change management skills
- Demonstrated excellence in stakeholder management
- High levels of written and verbal communication
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
Experience in a similar role