Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.au
We are looking for the capable resource to coordinate ranging from simple activities to more complex plans. This role will provide onsite/ on-call assistance to end users within the organisations desktop computing environment in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure optimal service delivery.
Nationality: Only Singaporean
IT Skills and Experience
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform Windows 10 upgrade or rebuild process within the stipulated time frame.
- Perform optimal user scheduling for the OS upgrade during the entire engagement.
- Need to perform an image backup of user’s hard disk prior to upgrading wherever applicable.
- The application used for image backup will be provided as a service from the vendor.
- Guide users to back up their data to OneDrive / USB.
- Uninstall the unauthorized applications. The list of applications will be provided by Singtel.
- Install the necessary applications on the required computers. The list of application will be provided by Singtel
- Obtain sign off from the user once the user ensures the data and application’s integrity after the upgrade.
- Identify associated risks and immediately highlight to the project manager
- Documenting best practices and learning from a successful upgrade
- Establishing a detailed daily reporting on a status update to the project Manager.
- Provide post-upgrade support for the users during the steady-state period which is 7 days from the migration day.
- Perform RAM replacement for about 1,200 computers.
Key Skills / Experience
- Recommended 5 years windows desktop support experience in a similar environment
- Confident manner, customer-focused attitude and strong communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry is preferred.
- Previous experience with mass PC OS migration is preferred
- A good understanding of various technologies including but not limited to TCPIP, Windows permission and management utilities.
- Comfortable working with users at all levels of seniority.
- Able to remain calm and demonstrate clear thinking under pressure
- Seeks information about the real/underlying needs of the customers beyond those initially expressed and matches these to available products and services
- Takes proactive steps to exceed customer expectations and add value – without unnecessarily hindering or putting pressure on self or Team’s area of work
- Seeks customer feedback and acts on it
Key Competency – Analytical Approach (Problem Solving)
- Systematically analyses the pros and cons of an issue and supporting data
- Grasps a problem quickly in its totality and identifies trends and patterns by assimilating relevant information
- Weighs up options using the available data
- Seeks out and uses factual data when available
- Identifies ‘if -> then’ relationships
- Relates and compares data from different sources
Key Competency – Team Player
- Willingly cooperates
- Responds positively to requests for information and help
- Understands how their own behaviour impacts the work of the team and service provided to the customer
- Puts in extra effort to meet team objectives when necessary
- Responds positively when asked to work within a team
Experience in a similar role