Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across the APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com
Axiom Technologies and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates. You will be working for a top tier Telecommunications company in one of the most technically advanced offices in Melbourne. A progressive company that offers career progression and the best in class technology.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Determines database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients; evaluating current systems.
- Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database physical structure and functional capabilities, security, back-up, and recovery specifications.
- Installs database systems by developing flowcharts; applying optimum access techniques; coordinating installation actions; documents actions.
- Migrate data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Design conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts.
- Improve system performance by conducting tests, troubleshooting and integrating new elements.
- Define security and backup procedures.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; calculating optimum values for parameters; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Provides database support by coding utilities, responding to user questions, and resolving problems.
- 7 to 10+ Years MS-SQL hands-on experience
- Proven work experience as a Technical Database Architect or similar role
- Experience in large scale database migrations and solutions
- In-depth understanding of database structure principles
- Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements
- Expertise in MSSQL, including High Availability and Disaster Recovery related concepts
- Experience in administering large-scale (200 GB to multi-terabyte) database architectures
- Experienced DBA who has worked on SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014
(knowledge of older versions is a strong plus)
- Strong experience with performance optimization and tuning with database applications
- Excellent command of SQL Server and Windows monitoring tools, both Microsoft supplied
(Profiler, Performance Monitor, MOM) and third-party (BMC, Quest)
- Knowledge of storage, network and Microsoft Windows operating system
- Knowledge of SQL
- Must be able to communicate technical scenarios at both a high-level and detail level, as is
required by the audience
- Proven analytical skills
Skills and Qualifications
- Database Design,
- Data Maintenance,
- Database Security,
- Database Management,
- Requirements Analysis,
- Project Management,
- Presenting Technical Information,
- Operating Systems.
Experience in the similar role
7- 10 Years