Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with a history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across the APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.au
Axiom Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Skills and experience
- Your passion for engineering systems is visible to your team, stakeholders and in everything you and your team delivers. You take engineering for the business seriously, and that will help you make decisions that drive value every day.
- Assisting with Engineering initiatives – Both as separate project owner or as a resource to continue the momentum of top-priority projects during off-hours
- Supporting the remote productions Client Services teams with technical guidance and assisting with higher level engineering expertise.
- Project lead for afterhours maintenance windows
- Answering helpdesk calls from local and remote productions
- Monitoring transfer queue’s for all the shows
- Ensuring that render jobs are properly prioritized in the queue system so that project goals are met while monitoring the render farm’s health and status on a regular basis
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience working in fast paced, complex, media production environments
- Strong troubleshooting (ability to quickly find root cause even in unfamiliar territory)
- Strong generalist engineer (experience with switching (VLAN’s, static routes, etc), systems (All OS’s, AD Auth, DNS/DHCP/SNMP/SMTP), storage (Isilon, Synology, encrypted storage), virtualization (VM’s, vSphere, Hypervisors))
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of innovative solutions
- Knowledge in config management (e.g. Ansible, Salt)
- Knowledge of systems monitoring, reporting, and logging systems (e.g.
Solarwinds, Zabbix, Grafana, Graylog)
- Strong knowledge of operating systems and systems management (e.g. Linux, Windows Server, OSX)
- At least one scripting language in your toolbox (e.g. Python, Powershell, Bash)
- Local and networked file sharing protocols (e.g. SMB, SMBv3, NFS, CIFS)
- Virtual hosting technologies (e.g. VMWare, Hyper-V, KVM)
- High speed data transport applications (e.g. Aspera, Signiant)
- Typical data center, network, and application architectures as they pertain to media production.
- High performance data storage solutions whether SAN, NAS, or Clustered (e.g. Isilon)
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Experience in a similar role
5 to 8 years of experience or equivalent
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.