Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across the ANZ region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.au
Exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Desktop Support Engineer, looking for a new challenge and dynamic position in their career!
IT Skills and Experience
In-depth knowledge of:
1. Deliver high-quality Production ready PL/SQL code
2. Mentor the team for development best practices
3. Contribute towards CI/CD
1. 5+ years of hands-on experience in Database Administration
2. 5+ years’ hands-on experience in writing PL/SQL codes and complex queries (Relational and NoSQL)
3. 5+ years’ experience in GoldenGate tool
4. 3+ years’ experience in DB performance tuning
5. 2+ years’ experience in Unix shell scripting
6. 2+ years’ experience working with AWS database migration, GG hub set in the cloud
7. Experience working with python is added advantage
8. Strong experience developing automation
9. Experience in the mentoring development team
10. Strong communication skill
Golden Gate specific:
1. Setup of Golden Gate on-premise & cloud (Oracle RDS).
2. Log mining, log dumping for triage of Golden Gate related issues.
3. Impact assessments and estimation of project delivery work impacting Golden Gate and other database related objects.
Oracle DB Developer
1. Analysing and creation of PLSQL code.
2. Analysis and creation of ETL framework functionality for the platform.
3. Impact assessments and estimation of project delivery work impacting DB.
4. Performance tuning of SQL queries.
5. Analysis and implementation of Oracle DB related issues and activities (functional & technical database).
English Language Ability
(English requirements are the same for all levels of Technician)
- Speaking – Excellent
- Writing – Excellent
- Reading – Good
Key Competency – Customer Focus
- Seeks information about the real/underlying needs of the customers beyond those initially expressed and matches these to available products and services
- Takes proactive steps to exceed customer expectations and add value – without unnecessarily hindering or putting pressure on self or Team’s area of work
- Seeks customer feedback and acts on it
Key Competency – Analytical Approach (Problem Solving)
- Systematically analyses the pros and cons of an issue and supporting data
- Grasps a problem quickly in its totality and identifies trends and patterns by assimilating relevant information
- Weighs up options using the available data
- Seeks out and uses factual data when available
- Identifies ‘if -> then’ relationships
- Relates and compares data from different sources
Key Competency – Team Player
- Willingly cooperates
- Responds positively to requests for information and help
- Understands how their own behaviour impacts the work of the team and service provided to the customer
- Puts in extra effort to meet team objectives when necessary
- Responds positively when asked to work within a team
Casual Full-Time Contract
6 Months +