Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across ANZ region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.au
We are looking for the capable resource to coordinate ranging from simple activities to more complex plans. This role will provide onsite/ on-call assistance to end users within the organisations desktop computing environment in a timely and accurate fashion to ensure optimal service delivery.
- MANDATORY: Exposure to batch scheduling practices and file transfer technologies. (e.g. BMC Control-M)
- PREFERRED: A background in event monitoring and incident management in a 24×7 NOC / SOC / Monitoring Station set-up.
- Data storage and retrieval experience with knowledge of an enterprise tape management solution
- Experience of server Administration (Wintel OR Unix / IBM Mainframe
- IBM Mainframe Z/OS
- OS and LAN / WAN technologies
- Linux and UNIX operating systems
- Microsoft products including AD, MOM, SCOM, IIS
- ITIL v3 Framework, specifically incident, change and problem management
- Willing to work in the 24×7 environment with 12-hour rotational shifts (max 48 hours a week)
- Being a proactive, enthusiastic team player, results oriented and committed to quality management.
- Customer service focus within a high-pressure environment.
- Proven Diagnostic and Troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical and design thinking skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Sound customer service and communication skills
- Strong time management, workload management and organisational skills
Perform 1st level support for production applications and system related incidents
- Lodge and respond to requests and alerts from the Business from various call logging systems within the required SLA
- Manage incidents life-cycle or escalate where required to vendor or specialist teams for resolution where required
- Create and update documentation for operations, maintenance and support.
- Follow security policies and procedures during incidents and emergency changes.
- Follow processes based upon the ITIL Framework.
- Perform backup and restoration of data as required.
- Completion of daily tasks and assigned service improvement initiatives.
- Analyse and understand the impacts of maintenance schedules to your response functions and making recommendations for change.
- Follow-up and fix specific business and technology issues identified
- Formulate and recommend changes and/or enhancements to standard processes
- Work collaboratively maintaining ongoing dialogue and relationships with Stakeholders as part of continued service development and support.
- Promote continuous improvement through involvement in review processes and demonstration of individual leadership skills.
- Demonstrate effective customer service behaviours.
- Provide timely and effective advice on progress and ability to meet service deliverables within agreed expectations
Key Competency – Team Player
- Willingly cooperates
- Responds positively to requests for information and help
- Understands how their own behaviour impacts the work of the team and service provided to the customer
- Puts in extra effort to meet team objectives when necessary
- Responds positively when asked to work within a team
Experience in a similar role