Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across the ANZ region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.au
Axiom Technologies and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates. You will be working for a top tier Telecommunications company in one of the most technically advanced offices in Melbourne. A progressive company that offers career progression and the best in class technology.
The scope of work comprises the following:
- Mcafee & Move
- Symantec(EPO & ATP)
- Email Security
- MBAM (Microsoft Bit locker & Access Management
- Liaise and report to the Network Specialists within the Telecommunications & Networks group and with onsite telecom engineers/technicians
- Under the guidance of the Network Specialists
- WAN Testing Works (1 week on CPF, 1 week on FPSO) – Perform the WAN tests on site as per
- Operational Test Procedures (OTP) provided by others
- LAN / WAN Device Failure / Recovery Works (1 week on CPF, 1 week on FPSO) – Verify network configurations for CPF and FPSO to ensure they will enable the required failover and contention objectives.
- Perform the OTP steps relating to the above tests to verify objectives are met
- S-LAN Domain Controller Works (1 week on CPF, 1 week on FPSO, 4 weeks in Perth) – Review and become familiar with the Telecom Services LAN (S-LAN) domain controller policies and guidelines. Perform the necessary domain controller configuration changes and verify that the relevant servers and workstation PCs can be accessed
- Follow the necessary change management processes, including IT Change Management and the Operations Management of Change
- Update configuration records
- Once this is completed, the network engineer is required to be available on standby for any required configuration adjustments or network fault rectification
- Resilient and able to face and resolve conflicts
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form with clients and end-users is compulsory
- Must comply with client procedures and accurately complete necessary documentation
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload timeframes
- Ability to review design decisions prior to implementation to ensure adherence to prescribed guidelines.
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong customer empathy and communications skills
- Excellent understanding TCP/IP and Layer2/Layer3
- Active listening to ensure network security meets company needs.
- Skilled in network security, network penetration testing, network design, routing protocol
(RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), DNS, DHCP, AD, VLAN, LAN, WAN, WLAN, HSRP, MPLS VPN,
DMVPN, ACS, ASA Firewall, IPS, IDS, ISE, administration, and operating system software.
- Detailed understanding of processors and circuit boards.
- Exceptional communication skills to keep all engineers informed.
- Solid background in network systems.
- Firm ability to cooperate even with strict time constraints.
- Proficient with network analyzers and servers.
Experience in the similar role
Casual Full Time