Axiom Technologies Australia is a Melbourne based entity with the history of providing Managed IT solutions to medium to large scale enterprises, across the APAC region. Please visit our website for more information about what we do at www.axiomtechnologies.com.au
Axiom Technologies and our Client are Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage applicants from all backgrounds and gender to apply, including, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander candidates. You will be working for a top tier Telecommunications company in one of the most technically advanced offices in Melbourne. A progressive company that offers career progression and the best in class technology
The scope of work comprises the following:
- Proven experience in a network administrator role
- Strong knowledge of LAN/WAN Networks (Routing and Switching – CCNP)
- Hands-on experience in networking, routing, and switching
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking
- CCNA, Network+, CCNP, CCDP or equivalent
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from three-year College or technical school with an emphasis in electronics required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong experience labelling/cabling in data centre environments
- Experience with design, planning and implementation of infrastructure solutions such as data centre virtualization, Cloud Computing, SAN storage, WAN, LAN and Wireless networks, for virtualized and non-virtualized environments.
- Manager that can assess, plan and coordinate Data Centre outages, execute works and appropriate communications.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping the information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Proven experience with installation and configuration of MPLS network devices
Experience in a similar role
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career and wish to apply for this role, please forward your resume to email@example.com.